Wednesday, May 18, 2005
The RobCast: Thoughts on Future Trends
This is the first in a multipart podcast. I'm reading an article about future trends in The Futurist magazine (May-June, 2005 edition), and found myself wanting to comment on it and so decided to capture my thoughts with my iPod.
The article is entitled "Trends Shaping the Future: Technological, Workplace, Management, and Institutional Trends" by Marvin J. Cetron and Owen Davies.
Topics I discuss in this installment include:
- General service robots in the home by 2010?
- Travelling at 7,000 MPH for everyone?
- High-speed rail travel for 100 mile trips in the US?
- Trucks exiled to car-free lanes on the freeway?
- Companies that specialize in knocking off products?
- Medical costs going down?