.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The RoBlog
Sunday, December 21, 2003
 
Profiles of the Future, by Arthur C. Clarke
I'm currently reading Profiles of the Future, by Arthur C. Clarke, published in various forms between 1958 and 1962. In it he desires to give possible directions for the future of various technologies. Typically he has tried to steer away from assigning dates to these directions noting, correctly, that these things cannot be accurately predicted with respect to time until you are so close to them as to render such predictions meaningless.

That said, he does indicate a probably time frame for things from time to time, and, as he indicates of others, it gets him into trouble as well.

Anyway, I was going to publish one long entry about my thoughts as I wound through the book, but I have decided to publish a bunch of mini-entries as it will at least capture some of my thoughts even if I should abandon the note-taking process for some reason. It also chops up the subjects into bite-sized bits better to have a conversation around, than trying to absorb my whole babblings all at once.

Before I get carried away, I should point out that any mis-spellings, bad grammar, or the like, is probably my fault in transcribing, and not a fault of the original material.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger