.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The RoBlog
Saturday, August 07, 2004
 
The Third Millennium: Acid Rain
I've just started reading a book called The Third Millennium: A History of the World: Ad 2000-3000, written by Brian Stableford and David Langford in 1985. It's a look back by fictional historians on the history of the 3rd millennium (go figure).

Anyways, the first chapter is titled "The World in the Year 2000" and the second paragraph mentions acid rain, which got me to wondering:
What ever happened to acid rain?

I remember as a kid seeing acid rain in Nevada where I spent my summers, but it seems to have disappeared from the lexicon these days. Did we successfully solve this problem with environmental regulations around pollution control? If so, is it still a problem in other countries, or did they learn from us?

Enquiring minds want to know, so let me know if you know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger